Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Hope When We're Just Plain Worn Out

What do we do when we just have a rough week?  A week filled with so many appointments and commitments and parenting woes and dirty kitchens and well, you get the picture. There have been good times this week in the midst of it all.  Yet, I sit here on a Friday night just plain worn out.  I keep thinking that one of these days I'll be mature enough or spiritual enough to rise above all this and not struggle in the day-to-day.  I want to be able to give and love, but some weeks, it just feels like there's nothing left to pour out. I want to walk in the Spirit following hard after Jesus, but some days are so loud that I can't seem to hear Him.  I long for some quiet so here I sit in a dark room hungry for peace and feeling defeated.

Then, I hear a whisper in my soul, you were not made for this place.  And there He is.  He pours out hope and grace reminding me that this world is not home.  This world is hard.  Loving others is exhausting. We are surrounded by hurts and selfishness and hate.  But there's hope.  And as I lean into Him in this moment, He reminds that I don't have to be enough.  He is enough.  My strength will always wear out this side of heaven.  His strength is everlasting.  And I'm led to these words in Isaiah 40 from The Message,
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying,God has lost track of me.   He doesn’t care what happens to me”? Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening? God doesn’t come and go.  God lasts.   He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.  He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.    And he knows everything, inside and out.  He energizes those who get tired,  gives fresh strength to dropouts.  For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.  But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.   They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.
He is good.  He is hope.  He loves you.  He loves me.  He is never worn out. God lasts.

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah that He provides everything we need - our rest, our peace and our comfort. Hugs my sweet sister - rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete