Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Please don't pray for my safety!

Dear friends, I love you!  I appreciate you!  I covet your prayers!  This pastor thing is tough!  What am I saying?  This life thing is tough!  So, I appreciate your prayers.

But, would you please do me a favor?  Don't pray for my safety.

Pray  that God would be glorified in me.  Pray that the gospel would be advanced through me.  Pray that the kingdom would be my focus and Jesus would be my aim.

But, please don't pray that I would be safe.

You see, I don't want to be safe any longer.  Safe keeps my door locked.  Safe keeps me from speaking even when I feel like I should.  Safe keeps me from dreaming and believing in the big things of God.  Safe is paralyzing!

The gospel of Jesus isn't safe!  It's dangerous!  It has the power to break strongholds.  It has the ability to overcome generations of sin and darkness.  It brings dead people to life!  It makes the lame walk and blind see.  It gives the orphan a loving home and provides food and shelter for the hungry. The gospel allows me to open my heart up and willingly love others knowing that I might get hurt.  It forces me to look at my finances differently and question what success really is.  The gospel changes my priorities and my plans.

That's the life I want! Jesus told us that we would have trouble in the world (Jn. 16:33) so why do we pray that we won't?  I want to be in the center of storm.  Not because I'm crazy.  Not because I have some kind of morbid death wish.  But because I know I'll find Jesus there.  And even if He doesn't calm the wind and the waves... His presence will be more than enough!

The greatest blessings I've ever experience in life have come in the few and far between moments that I decided to live dangerously for the Kingdom of Christ.  I guess what I'm saying is...I want more of those moments in my life.  Thanks in advance for the prayers!  May God be glorified!

In Him,

Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment